Thursday, June 13, 2013

"There can only be one oompa-loompa in this house."

"There can only be one oompa-loompa in this house."

This morning I thought I looked pretty cool in my black leggings and white t-shirt, until Eliot observed: "You look like an oompa-loompa. I thought oompa-loompas could only be small."
As usual, my seven year old is a huge confidence booster. (See also:
http://diaryofanexpatinsingapore.blogspot.sg/2013/05/flattery-will-get-you-everywhere.html)
But the girl does have firsthand knowledge, when it comes to what an oompa loompa wears, having just played one in her school's rendition of Roald Dahl's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."
(See how the white t-shirt and black leggings in photo above prove her point.)
Eliot's enthusiasm for the stage is growing as are her roles (don't laugh, her first part was that of a puddle). I am beginning to think she may have a career in drama. I am not basing this observation so much on her performance as on her reaction, later at home, when she discovered she still had homework to do.

2 comments: